Monday, February 26, 2024

Irish Memories

 




A photo of my Ireland trip came up on my "memories" the other day. It's been five years since I was there. It was a great trip. I've been lucky to have been able to travel to Europe several times, twice with people from work and once solo when I went to Ireland. I was planning on going to Scotland when Covid hit but had to cancel that out and was also wanting to go to Spain. Likewise, Covid also screwed up the plan for the Missus and I going to Hawaii for our 50th wedding anniversary. I doubt I'll ever travel overseas again but I'm still hoping to get to Hawaii. That's the only one of the 50 states I haven't been to - maybe next year.

I ordered a small rotary table for the mill. It also has dividing plates that can be used with it. The dividing plates showed up the other day but no rotary table yet. I'm planning on using it to machine the shift lever for the Rickati vintage trials project. I cut out three pieces of stock yesterday, two for the parts and one for set-up or screw up. I'm going to mill the edges while waiting for the table to get here, even though after machining the spline I'll have to remove some material along the edges. I'll see if I can find the tool I made years ago to see if it'll work for this job. If I can't find it or it won't work, I'll start making a new one. 

I've only got two more sessions to teach at the college - not much more to do there. I've a little more work organizing the tax records so I can call the tax lady and I need to figure out what I can do to exercise without causing myself any pain. Looks like we've got another week of above average temperatures on tap. Good time to get things done, even if I'm on injured reserve.

Have a good week! 

No comments: