Thursday, February 8, 2024

Weld Plate

 


The grandson has one of his classes at the college at the same time as mine. I went down to the shop the other night and talked to his instructor about the young man's progress - got a good report. When the grandson finished up his plate, he asked if he could take it home. The instructor told him he should run upstairs and show me. Impressive job! My students were just leaving but I asked one of them as to the type of weld, since we had just discussed the welding symbol for it earlier. He couldn't give me the answer but the interpreter for the hearing impaired student got it - surfacing weld, in case you were wondering.

I met with my financial guy yesterday. He told me I've got enough money to live the rest of my life, as long as I die next week. Just kidding - that was one my old pal Joey B used to use before he passed away. He did mention a Transfer on Death deed. I'd never heard of that but it allows you to name someone to inherit your property after your death without the property having to go through probate. I'm thinking it would be a good idea to check into that. The attorney who drew up our will is within walking distance of the shack, so no reason not to make an appointment and get her input on the idea. 

Weather's unseasonably warm, so I'm going out to the shop today. I'm hoping my chest won't become an issue. I might try a little bit of exercise also. I've been restricted with what I can do for many years already. I hope it's not going to be worse but I'm afraid that's exactly what its going to be. 

No comments: