Thursday, February 22, 2024

Talkin' 'Bout a Revolution

 

While browsing the blogs I saw where Tracy Chapman performed on the Grammy Awards. No chance I would ever have seen her, since I never watch any type of awards show, but I do like her music. Other than Fast Car, I can't remember the last time I heard any of her music on the radio. In fact, I can't remember the last time I heard that one either.

I won't be surprised if there's a revolution coming in the near future. I figured I was pretty well set to go on my preparations, but I've run into a couple of snags. The doctor's office called with my test results - not what I expected. The CT scan showed up some small kidney stones but no evidence of anything wrong with the chest. If I can't get to the bottom of this, it's going to really limit what I can do. Tilling the garden and other chores around the shack are going to require some outside help. Hell, I'm not sure I'll even be able to ride the Sportster this spring. To add insult to injury, I've got something going on with my right eye as well. I made an appointment to see the eye doc, but as it is, I might have to learn to shoot a rifle left-handed, especially the one with a peep sight.

I went out into the shop yesterday to start getting something accomplished. I put my "girdle" on to hold everything tight. It's looking like that's going to be SOP from now on. I am planning on going back to the doctor to see what else is available to me for relief. 

On the plus side, I think I got the squirrel out of the shop wall. Between hammering on the wall and a handful of mothballs I threw in there, it might have moved on. Now it's about time for a raccoon to move back in. 

No comments: