Friday, February 23, 2024

He's Got a Plan


Amen to that. Retirement was great until the Covid hit. Travel plans cancelled, parts and materials unavailable, businesses being forced to shut down, mandatory "vaccine" injections, only to find out the cost of the man-made disease was underwritten with our tax dollars. And now we find out it was all bullshit from day one. Unfortunately, a lot of after-effects from the injections, including death.

Additionally, we now have a government that is a kakistocracy or an idiocracy. Maybe it's both - the worst form of government run by idiots. Other than the few at the top looking out for themselves, they're not doing anyone any good in the short or long term. Now we've got a war mongering banana republic spending money like a drunken sailor. No bueno.


I did decide on the shift and brake arrangement on the vintage trials bike, aka Rickati. The local hardware store had the bushings I needed and I've got a piece of cold rolled shafting to make the crossover set-up. I going to see about making a splined shift lever. I made up a couple of them for the Sprint vintage racer years back on the vertical shaper in the high school machine shop. As always, the instructor coached me through the project and they came out just like they were store bought. I no longer have access to any machine shop other than my own, but I think I've got it worked out without having to buy a broach. I don't want to cut up a stock lever if I can help it. I'm thinking it'll be rather time consuming to get it done but it should be something I'll be able to do even with the chest injury.  

Speaking of which, I had to go to the hardware store yesterday and since the doctor's office is in the same strip mall, I stopped in to see about making an appointment. As it happens, the doctor was in and they were able to work me in while I was there. We discussed a few things and she wrote me an order for an MRI as the next step. I'm calling today to get the appointment at the hospital. I'm hoping for the best.

2 comments:

Surly said...

I like the side cover photo.
If it's just a V spline, I have a few techniques for doing those. I can advise or assist. Can be done on the mill or the lathe.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I've got a rotary table/dividing head ordered. I have a single point bit I made years ago when I made the shift levers for the Sprint - just have to find it. However, I'm always up for advice from a guy in the trade. Can't ask Mr. Palowski any more.