Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Film Lit Class

Several of my students took the Film Literature class this year. The final project for the class is the making of a short film. One of the boys who is in my welding class and also a fighter at the gym, made a boxing video. You can view it here. It features him and Coach Jimmy. It's a little schmaltzy but check out Jimmy when he's hitting the heavy bag. I had to work his corner at one of his fights because his main coach was out of town. I was really hoping he didn't get cut or hurt and I'd have to deal with it. As it turned out, he nailed the guy with one of those big shots to the body early and his opponent just crumpled. Man, he hits hard.

We had another exhibition at the gym Saturday night, also. When we get the DVDs burned, I'll throw something up here. Lot's of fun.

No comments: