Monday, June 8, 2009

School's Out

School's finally out for the summer. We had to go an extra week to make up for all the snow days of last winter. I'm writing this at school while I take a little coffee break. I finished up all the paper work and I'm getting ready to tackle the shop clean up.

The roof is getting replaced this summer and my service door will be unlocked all day so the roofers can get in and out. Because of this, anyone and everyone can walk right in and help themselves to any thing that's not nailed down. I'm not worried about the roofers, in fact one of them is a former student. But while the roofers are up topside, no one will be watching what's going on downstairs. Last year I went through the same thing with the pipefitters and the geothermal job. It forces me to clean up and secure things which I should do anyway.

I'm starting the list of jobs for the summer. I definitely need to get some things done around the shack. Depending on the weather, I'm planning on hitting a serious lick every day on the "honey do" list, put some miles in on the bike and start training for a couple of race walks. Evenings will be spent in the shop either here or at home. I would like to see that 900 move under it's own power. I want to get out with the big camera (4x5) this summer as well. Lots of ideas and lots of unfinished projects. Should make for an interesting and fun summer.

2 comments:

cuzzin ricky said...

well i sure hope a couple of them days off we can sneak off to see some midget or sprint car racing and maybe a train ride or some other silly things cuzzin ricky

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Even though I had to miss the last outing, I'm planning on hitting some tracks this summer. Hopefully, race and railroad.