Friday, April 2, 2010















Full moon taken from the front yard with the digital. If you click on it, there's actually some decent shadow detail along the tree line. Downtown Indy was just gorgeous last night we we left the Armory. I need to shoot some nighttime photos there sometime. Digital's fun but I really want to get back in the darkroom. I've got some nice negatives that I want to print.
















It's been a pretty good week, other than the stupid crap that has been going on at school due to the financial fiasco. We took home our first championship trophy of what will, hopefully be several, at the Golden Gloves tourney. I got the new parts on the touring bike, another piece of the van patched and I got the lawnmower running.

Rather than buy a new bike, I sprung for new wheels. Now instead of having a 5 speed freewheel on the 27" rear, it now has a 7 speed cassette riding on a 700C wheel. The 27" tires are starting to get a little hard to find and the cassette on the freehub is stronger with less chance of bending an axle than the freewheel setup. I was able to find a cassette that had the same 34 tooth low gear as the old freewheel had, plus I don't have as big a jump between gears with the additional two speeds. With new tires, tubes and a new chain I'm just about ready to go. I need to tighten up the brake cables a little and take the pedals apart and grease them but there's plenty of time for that. I'm going to start riding it to work and put some miles on it to see if the wheels loosen up. If so, I can true them up before I go on the big trip. Because the new back wheel is a little wider than the old one, I need to see how well the trailer fits, as well. Now that the weather is getting warm, I'm getting antsy.

No comments: