Friday, July 16, 2010

Busy Doing Nothing

Seems like I've been real busy the last few days but don't really have much to show for it. Got up early and ran Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings - put in 3, 5 and 3miles. I did eight last Saturday. After the weekday runs, I worked outside for an hour or two each day before it got too hot. When I get cleaned up and cooled off, that's about all I want to do after that, other than taking a nap, that is. I did make it to the dentist this week and I'm hitting the eye doctor before going to the fights this afternoon. We've got five guys lined up for a bout in Indy. I also got my paper work in order to get my Certified Welding Inspector 9 year re-exam taken care of. Stained and varnished some trim, took a trip to the blacksmith shop yesterday to drop off some tools and get myself lined up for the county fair. I'll be working that gig all next week four hours a day starting on Sunday. Tomorrow I'll run 8-10 miles, hit the gym after that, cut some grass and finish loading up my tools and material for the fair.

I'm covering a lot of ground but as always, the scatter gun approach. With the marathon training, that's how it's going to be for a while. As the mileage gets longer, less time for other things. Just squeeze things in as best I can. I'm planning on doing some lathe work in the shop next chance I get - machine up some parts for the Rickati swingarm. I did get some cleaning done in the shop the other day. It's nice to see the top of the workbench.

Check out Surly's latest post. He's got a really nice photo from the Gary Air Show and he's going to be posting a few more I'm sure.

Roger and out.

1 comment:

Grumpyunk said...

That didn't sound like you're getting nothing done.
The hot weather has made it hard to do anything that takes more than an hour to complete. I think I changed t-shirts 3-4 times yesterday. Jeez, I used to work outside all day everyday. I'm turning into a wuss.