Friday, September 3, 2010

Contest Looks Like a Go




















Here's an idea for an alternative power vehicle and maybe the Darwin Award.

So as soon as I read the thing in the paper the other day about the alternative power contest, the wheels started spinning. I emailed the contact person for the contest to see if they were in fact going to have the contest next year and it's all systems go. I also emailed a real good friend of mine - we're like brothers only with different parents - and put a bug in his ear. I called him Wednesday after I got off work to see what he thought but he hadn't read the email yet. No matter, after I explained the program to him, he was hooked. He's going to look over the particulars and we'll get together in a few days and hash out a plan. If he's on board, we should be able to put something together that will be a definite contender. We've got a year to build and he's a finisher as opposed to me who's a terrific starter but not worth a hoot as a finisher. We've worked on some things together in the past - he built one of the nicest '68 Camaro's you'll ever see - and the dude has a great technical mind plus plenty of mechanical experience of all types to draw from.

This should be fun.

2 comments:

cuzzin ricky said...

if this thing ends up with ACME lettered on the side and one of you in a coyote and the other in a road runner suit i want to be there to take pictures actually let me know about material i'm sure the company i work for or the steel mills i work at would love to unwittingly sponser this escapade hesston was great cuzzin ricky

Shop Teacher Bob said...

It certainly has the potential to go down that path.I'll have to see what my engineer comes up with. I am looking forward to the continued sponsorship of your employers. Did you get any good ideas for a steam powered rig while you were at Hesston?