Monday, September 13, 2010

Makin' Things
















































Now that I've had my 15 minutes worth of fame, I'm back at work on the projects. I've got all the pieces machined for the Rickati swingarm - just need to order a chunk of tubing to connect all the pieces together. I'm going to order a piece for my black powder shotgun barrel at the same time. I keep thinking that I need to order a piece of tubing for something else also but can't remember what it was or what it would be for. That's one of the problems of letting a project sit for six months or more before resuming activity. I'll give myself a couple of days to think about it before ordering anything.

I'm working on the gas tank for the bike as well. I started making the bottom for it the other day. I need to make a piece for the outlet and decide what I'm going to do for the filler neck. I've already got a weld-in piece that takes a regular style gas cap but I really like the idea of having the Monza/flip-up style cap. Big difference in price. Especially since I already have the one. I'm starting to spend a chunk of money on the barn project so I could always postpone the tank a little while. I still need to make a seat, get a rear wheel and shocks and make the shifter and rear brake controls.

Speaking of the barn, that project is coming along right nice. They poured half the floor Friday with the other half scheduled for this up coming Friday. I'll be able to get a measurement for the upstairs floor height pretty soon and then decide what I want to do about the circular stair. I'm getting pumped about the barn. It'll be nice to have a decent place to store the finished pieces, the Missus will be able to keep her car out of the weather and I'll have a decent place to do some woodworking.

Life is good!


2 comments:

Grumpyunk said...

Looking good there! That tank looks spiffy.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Tanks a lot. I got the filler welded in last night during Open Shop. I'll post a couple of photos after I get the bottom welded in.