Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday Morning Report







Tailstock - End View











Tailstock - Side View














Magnolia Seeds












Barn Floor









The Building Trades class got the second half of the barn floor poured Friday. I'm not sure when they plan on starting on the walls but so far, so good.

I worked a little in the shop this weekend, finishing up one job and starting on a couple more. The photos show the progress on a tailstock I'm making for the dividing head on the mill. I need to make a couple of ears to weld on for a pinch bolt, a tensioning bolt and the base for it. Nothing too difficult - just a little time consuming.

The magnolia seeds came off the tree in my front yard. I need to figure out how to get them to sprout. I tried a couple of different approaches with some seeds from another tree but didn't have any luck. I'd like to plant another one of these and one of the other one. Seems like a shame to buy them when I've got the seed.

I've got the van from the gym in the school shop again. Jimmy took it in due to some brake trouble and in addition to rusty brake lines, they came across a bad part on the front crossmember that the front wheels fasten to. I need to see what I can do with that this week along with a couple other projects I'm in the middle of. Nothing new here - typical of how things go. As soon as I get rolling on something, something else comes in with a higher priority.

Finally, I went out to breakfast with my buddy to discuss the alternative vehicle project. We kicked a couple of ideas around as well as catching up on the latest medical issues we've been suffering. He's going to look into a couple of things and then I think we're going to be ready to build. It should be interesting.

No comments: