Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Moto Rumi



















Not surprisingly, I've been doing a little thinking about motorcycles lately. As always, there's a number of things spinning around in my head at any one time and then one of the thoughts will get thrown off the merry go round and I'll focus on that for a certain length of time depending on what it is. I came across this Moto Rumi photo a while back and when the odd random thought of me building a vintage race bike popped into my consciousness the other day I remembered when Surly and I were at Daytona for the vintage races quite a few years back and they had one of these things there. The exhaust note was ear piercing. The little megaphone sure made lots of noise for such a little bike. That was also the year Dave Roper was running the Benelli four cylinder on the high banks for Team Obsolete. It was big time loud as well but not the obnoxious kind. Click on the link and listen to 30 seconds worth of the finest Italian go fast. Then imagine that thing at full song around Daytona. Sweet!

Photo from Retro Racing by way of The new Cafe (racer) Society.

3 comments:

Surly said...

OUTSTANDING!

Grumpyunk said...

Remember Agostini's MV? Yeah, that was the shit there.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Unk: You got that right. Bike was cool but the man himself even cooler. Other than Rossi, the greatest of all time.