Monday, January 10, 2011

Reading

I read a book oriented blog pretty regularly, and the guy read 50 books last year. Much of what he reads is not my cup of tea but that's one of the reasons I read the blog - to at least be in touch with things outside my normal realm. Those of you who know me, know that I'm a voracious reader. I read anything and everything - lots of magazines, technical journals. I kind of go in spurts on books, however. I'll get a couple and burn threw them and then I'll get busy on other things or the magazines start stacking up and I won't set foot in the library for a month or two at a time. So this year I'm going to keep track of the books I read.

It's not a contest to see how many I can get in. I don't have to read 50 like the blogger did. Plus, some of the ones he read were whoppers. I have a self-imposed limit of 500 pages on any book I read. Just curiosity to see how many and what kind of books I digest through out the year. I'm on number four already but I had a few vacation days and it was too cold to do much in my shop. I'm guessing I usually do at least 30 every year. We'll see.

No comments: