Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Better Days Are Coming








Magnolia Blossom






Two of my magnolia trees are of age to blossom out. The one was really pretty this year. I did have another tree get it's first blossom this year. It should be a real pretty tree in the next couple of years. I've got 5 or 6 of them planted, all different varieties. The peach and apple trees will be blooming next. They're always a treat. I'm a big fan of trees and if you're going to have trees, they might as well do something productive, besides the obvious things of shade and the whole respiration process they do so well. In fact, I was wondering the other day while mowing how many trees I would have to have to be carbon neutral as far as the lawn mower goes? Not that I really give a hoot about being carbon neutral. I'm more interested in having a windbreak, shade, beauty and fruit. Plus I'm just naturally cheap. Most things that conserve energy also conserve dollars. The CO2 + trees = Oxygen thing is just a bonus. I'm still curious though.

Looks like more rain in the forecast the next couple of days. Hopefully it will ease up so I can start working up the garden. I've got lots of things planned for this summer outside and I'd like to get going on a few of them. I've got lots to do, period, but it's always that way. Chickens will be here soon, so I need to get that going. I picked up the stuff to wire up the apple grinder, so I can finish that up. I've got a couple of photography projects I want to do. Now that my cold has about run it's course and the chest thing is healing up, maybe the nice weather will get me going.

I got a good start on the aerator/dethatcher project yesterday. I'll start tacking things together today. I should be at the point I'll know for sure if my engineering efforts are going to pan out by tomorrow at the latest. If things look good, it'll be done by the end of the week or first of next week. Of course every time I say that, something else shows up - sort of like this project did - and my schedule goes all to hell. That's OK, though. Better days are coming.






No comments: