Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Rehab


They had an opening in the rehab schedule so I got in there today. Started chuckling to myself as I was walking up. The first thing was Alice's Restaurant popped into my head: "Kid. Have you rehabilitated yourself?" and then the fact that the ashtray was on fire.

It was mostly an orientation session today but I got on the treadmill and the exercise bike for a couple of minutes each. They showed me how to hook up the heart monitor and we set some goals - reduce stress and lose a little weight. I'll be going three times per week for about six weeks. That's almost like a job, which it looks like I won't be going to until the rehab is over. I see the Dr. next week and see what he has to say about the whole deal. Hopefully I'll be able to start doing a little more besides walking up and down the driveway. I've got a few piddly things I'd like to get going on but being the model patient that I am, I need the doc's okay.

All things considered, life's good. The weather's been great, I've been getting some help around the shack and I've been able to catch up on reruns of The Rifleman and The Rockford Files.




No comments: