Saturday, April 28, 2012

The STB - DIY Hour

Photo From Here
After receiving the comments from The Traveling Pirate and Surly on my last post, I got to thinking about the format of The Shop Teacher Bob DIY Hour. It could just be the two guys in the boat fishing kind of deal - just doing what needs to be done with the audience following along, or maybe a little more 1950's formal magic show,  presto, change-o, and after a tap with the magic wand the restored BSA starts on the first kick.

Maybe an assistant like Nurse Goodbody on Hee Haw would spice things up, 

Photo From Here
Or maybe a biker chick
Photo From Here (NSFW)
It worked for Mechanix Illustrated
Photo From Here

Man, I've got to get back on my feet and start working again. I'm starting to go bonkers here. But if you look at the Mimi photo you'll see that the photo was by Peter Gowland. He was a pretty heavy hitter when it came to photographing pretty girls but he also had a camera of his own invention, the Gowlandflex.
Photo From Here

If you click on the link under the photo, it will take you to Peter Gowland's website. The guy made some really cool stuff and if you don't want to buy a 4x5 twin lens camera, you can buy a print. Making a camera would be a good topic for The Shop Teacher Bob DIY Hour, by the way. Maybe what I really need is for the Doc to ease up on the restrictions enough that I can get back to tinkering a little and forget all the rest of this nonsense. I'll find out Monday.  

I think it's time for a walk.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I think about this show idea (which you know I think is a great one by the way), I think of Tim "The Toolman" Taylor on Home Improvement. I actually remember wondering why there wasn't actually a show like the show he worked on. The did all kinds of things every week, and it wasn't always woodworking or carpentry stuff. I know it was a show-inside-a-comedy/show, but in all seriousness, why wouldn't it work? And you just need Lisa from Binford Tools...

http://stigofthedump.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/pamela_anderson-tool-girl1.jpg

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Just by luck I ran across this site: http://occhiolungo.wordpress.com/tag/how-to/. It's sort of the format (DIY Library) but still photos instead of video. I'm going to keep kicking the idea around and see what I can come up with - I'm open to suggestions, by the way.