Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Back to Work I Go

Photo From Here
I'm back to work this morning but it'll be a short week - start on Tuesday, finish on Thursday. I wish they were all like this one. Since the weather was so nice the last week, I got all kinds of things done around the shack. Mowed the yard a couple of times (still amazed by that), trimmed up a bunch of trees, worked on the new barn and a bunch of other piddly things. Didn't make it over to school to work on the VW or the boat but I got plenty done just the same. 

Now starts the last nine weeks of the school year and the boys will all turn stupid on me. They always act like they're in rut. Seniors will have all kinds of activities and things to get done but there'll be a few in the school who manage to get thrown out or they'll quit with just two months to go. It happens every year. They've got twelve years invested and can't stay focused or work hard enough to see it through to the end. Drives me crazy but I'll just keep pitchin'. They'll have to do the rest. Hopefully, I'll only have to go through this cycle one more time. 

So it's back to work this morning, at least for a few days. I've got another meeting Wednesday after school and another trip to Indy for the Gloves on Thursday. Only one fighter going down this week, two next week.   I've got a 5K walk on Saturday. Busy, busy as always but it'll calm down. Should be getting the table for the CNC pretty soon, then I'll have something else to occupy my free time - learning how to run that thing. I've already got some time invested there but I'll be all over it when I can actually make some parts.







No comments: