Monday, June 11, 2012

The Bee's Knees

I made a run down to the bike shop Saturday morning and picked up the new hand grips for the Fair Lady job. While grabbing them out of the truck when I got home, I noticed a dead bumblebee on the apron in front of the barn - that would be it at the top of the photo. I see a few of these every summer around here. I'm not sure what the life span of a bumblebee is, but officially, summer hasn't even started yet and it's all over for him/her. It truly is a jungle out there.

I'll be finishing up the Fair Lady this week and the new hand grips will be the bee's knees. I got the last of the wiring in the bottom of the barn finished up and I'll be finishing rehab this week. I like sentences that have the word finishing in them. Finished is even better. It's been too hot for me to work outside during the middle of the day the last couple of days but things are getting done and I'm getting some of my old pep back. I go to the Doc this week and, hopefully, I'll be finished with most of the physical restrictions. Then I can decide if I'm finished with teaching and if I'm finished hemming and hawing about buying that Sportster - I did stop by the lot the other day and it's still there.

I got a couple of pieces cut to finish the railing installation and picked up some tubing to make some shelf brackets for the new barn while I was out, as well. I'm going to try and get those made up and installed this week. I actually think I'm setting up a pretty good pattern for myself. I get out in the morning and get my exercise in and then hit a few licks on the job for the day before it gets too hot. Depending on the weather and my disposition, I go back out for a little walk or work after dinner when it cools down a bit. Things are getting accomplished, I'm healing up, and I have a little time to just relax and read or do a little day dreaming/project planning. It looks like it's going to cool off a little for the next few days. That'll be even better.

Have a good week.

No comments: