Thursday, June 14, 2012

Fair Lady


I put the finishing touches on the sister-in-law's bicycle yesterday. Looks quite a bit better than when I brought it home about a month ago, even if I do say so  myself. Lots of steel wool and elbow grease but it paid off handsomely. The three speed shifter works again and it rides nice on the new tires. The rear rim is still a little rusty and I had to go with the blackwall tires after all but I'm sure the sister-in-law will be pleased.  If you check the May 17th post, you can see the before photo. It's a lot shinier and it works. I'm calling it finished.

The wiring job is progressing slowly and I got a couple of other things done in the barn. I need to take a 1/2 day and clean up the shop before tackling anything else. When I can see the top of the workbench again, I'll jerk the air cleaner canister off the Rapido and weld that up. I still need to see about a piece of fuel line for it, as well. I checked two places and no luck so far. I'll try a couple of more local joints and then start expanding the search area. No hurry on the Rapido. It's a rainy day job. It just hasn't been raining. I've got a job clamped up in the milling machine I need to finish up but I've been waiting for medical clearance - it's not easy being the model patient. I'll be finding out real soon about that. Let's hope for the best.





No comments: