Thursday, October 18, 2012

Beautiful Day

Today was Book Fair/Grandparents Day at the elementary school where my oldest grandson goes. Grandpa/Grandma show up, buy the little tyke a book, have a cup of coffee and a piece of coffee cake and there you go. The school makes a couple of bucks, they encourage the little tykes to read and you get the grand parents in the school. No problem by me. It was nice to spend a little time in my grandson's environment and nice to see all the other old farts taking an interest as well.

As you know, I just recently retired from the public school classroom, so I'm naturally a little prejudiced, but I'll tell you what, those elementary school teachers have to have their own special corner of heaven waiting for them. The classrooms were all decorated nicely, the teachers and all the staff were all smiling and helpful and the grandson can actually read, write and do some arithmetic. I don't know how they do it, but they manage to get the students to sit still long enough to get something across. God bless the elementary school teachers of the world.

After leaving the elementary school, I headed for work under blue skies with  the gorgeous fall colors of the trees lining the backroads. Beautiful day, indeed. And to cap it off, I meet with the doctor this afternoon to discuss my blood test results and make a long range health plan. The cholesterol number on this test was 124, so the cheapy test wasn't a fluke. Life is good here today, boys and girls.

 

No comments: