Saturday, May 25, 2013

Superbike

I made it over to school and sandblasted the swingarm for the 900 and got the tubing bent before he closed up shop for the summer. I used to hate guys coming in at the last minute to get things done before school was out while I had to give final exams, clean the shop and keep the boys somewhat under control. So now I'm one of those myself but I really didn't put too much on my replacement's shoulders. I just needed access to the bender.



I stumbled across a really cool Superbike video at Bubble Visor. It's a race at Laguna Seca featuring Freddie Spencer, Eddie Lawson, Wes Cooley, Dave Aldana - all the guys Surly posted photos of the other day. I got a chance to see all of those guys race back then, mostly at Road America, but also at Daytona, Road Atlanta and Mid Ohio. This should take you there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XbF0xewsZ2o

If not, go to Bubble Visor and look for August of last year. It'll be there somewhere. The video is about 23 minutes long and a great look at early Superbikes.

Lots happening this Memorial Day Weekend with me. Depending on the weather, some mowing, garden work, traveling and the annual Dead Relative's Tour with Cuzzin Ricky. If I don't get anything else posted here before Monday, enjoy the holiday.

2 comments:

Rich said...

That was a great video. I read all I could about those guys back in the day. They were my version of superheroes...R

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I not only read all I could about road racing, I got a chance to see all those guys. Plus the Indy Mile used to be part of the State Fair so I saw Jay Springsteen, Scotty Parker and all the rest running 140 on the dirt. Managed to travel to Minnesota and catch a round of the World Superbike once also.

Superheroes, you bet.