Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Dakota


We got ourselves a new dog yesterday morning - Dakota. He's a two year old Border Collie. Looks to be a great addition to the family, as soon as he gets settled in, that is. I came home from work last night and he didn't want to let me into the house - obviously a good judge of character. And he didn't let me get much sleep last night. He woke me up about 12:30 with a bark and a low growl. I wasn't sure if he needed to go out or not, so we erred on the side of caution and went out. Nothing doing, so back inside followed by more growls and the occasional bark. I'm thinking he heard or smelled something outside along with his being away from his previous owner that kept him on edge. I "slept" in the recliner after the second barking go-round and got his blankie from the laundry room. He seemed to be better with someone nearby. Not so much that I got a good nights sleep but he'll get used to us and the surroundings.


Brother Dave's birthday today. That's him holding the bucket circa 1958 on a camping trip to Canada. Happy 65th! See you in a few weeks.

No comments: