Saturday, May 11, 2013

Vacation/Anniversary

Photo From Here
I'm officially on vacation for a month - going to be nice. Got some travel plans and high hopes for getting some work done around and on the shack. Definitely shooting to get something accomplished on both the VW and the 900. I'm scheduled to teach a summer school class in stick welding, so I'll be working enough to  keep gas in the S-Vee and finance some parts for the projects.

I've been writing this blog for five years now. My original intent was to showcase the projects that my students were working on and comment on things of an educational nature in general and vocational  in particular, and anything else that interested me. And to do that at least twice per week. I've actually done that and enjoyed it tremendously. For those of you who read this on a regular basis or even just occasionally,  thanks.

Not sure what the next five years will bring here at Shop Teacher Bob. Now that I'm semi-retired I don't have all the student projects to report on. The news on the education front is mostly bad, at least from the mainstream press. I know personally there are lots of good things going on in education and I feel  good about that. I'm sure I'm often preaching to the choir here but if all the really good teachers weren't so damn busy being really good teachers, they could devote their time and energies to changing the system. Probably have it fixed in a week. As it is, the pendulum will swing back. I'm sure of that. And since I'm still an educator myself, you can count on the occasional comment about the state of education from here.

Lastly, one of these days there will be a post here with a short video clip and you'll be able to see the 900 and/or the VW move under their own power. It's good that an old man still has dreams, isn't it? But like all good shop teachers worth their salt, tinkering is in my blood and with a lighter schedule now, there will be projects to report on. Thanks for allowing me to share them with you.




2 comments:

tvi said...

HEY BOB, YOU PUT ONE TOGETHER LIKE THE PICTURE AND I'LL RIDE IN THE HACK EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO STRAP MY WHEELCHAIR INTO IT! CONGRATS ON THE FIVE YEARS, I LIKE READING YOUR BLOG BECAUSE I DON'T GET TO TALK TO YOU IN PERSON OFTEN ENOUGH. BUT THE VARIETY IS THE BIGGEST DRAW, ALL THINGS I LIKE OR AT LEAST CAN COMMENT ON. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

TALK TO YOU SOON,

TVI

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Better yet, one of these days you can take me for a ride in your rig. Thanks for reading.