Sunday, June 21, 2015

Father's Day


Photos From Here


The AJS is one of the prettiest looking bikes I've seen in a long time. There are several more detail shots of it at the source - click the link under the BSA photo. The craftsmanship is absolutely superb.

The BSA features the stock tank and sidecovers like our BSA has with one of the factory paint schemes. Actually looks pretty good sitting on the sidewalk in Paris. What would be even better would be me sitting in a little cafe waiting out the rain so I could get back on the bike and motor away. I'm not in Paris but I've got bikes and I've got the rain (boy do I have the rain). So I guess I'll have to settle for two out of three. I might make it back to Paris next year if things go right. If the rest of my traveling companions aren't up for it, I'll look into a bike tour. Maybe something like Edelweiss offers. That would be more money than riding around on the tour bus, but as long as I keep working at the college, I can swing it. Travel and/or a sportscar are about the only two reasons I can think of to keep me working at this stage of the game. 

With all the rain we've been having, the skeeters are out in force. I drug the screen door for my shop out of the big barn so I could do a little something without swatting bugs constantly. I wanted to start moving things from the back of the shop to the big barn but the rain has put that on hold. Today's supposed to be pretty nice but more rain being forecast for next week again. Going to screw up lots of field crops around here. 

Happy Father's Day to all you Daddy-O's. Enjoy your day. 

No comments: