Thursday, June 11, 2015

Tank Repair



Patched up the BSA tank for my buddy yesterday. I was going to do it a couple of weeks ago but since he said he was in no hurry, I thought I'd wait until the hottest day of the year - got up to over 90 with humidity to match. I couldn't figure out why I was sweating while working on the tank. Wasn't doing anything real hard. Even the welding wasn't that hot. TIG welding with a 1/16" tungsten doesn't put out much in the way of heat. Finally paid attention to the disc jockey on the radio - 91 degrees. That explained that. Anyway the tank is done. I did use the new brake on the patch piece, by the way. You can't see it in the photo but the patch extends down into the tunnel a bit so I needed a right angle bend on the piece. Easy to do with a brake. 

I've still got a couple of jobs left for other people. One's pretty simple, the other not so much. I'll see if I can get the easy one knocked out PDQ and then get back on my own stuff.


I got a nibble on my Honda. I looked back on my posts and I got it running in July of 2008. It's been sitting ever since. I need to quick figure out a good asking price so it'll go down the road. I definitely need to thin the herd.

Summer school's started back up. Not going to cut into my free time too much with only two days per week but with all that's going on around here, it's really hard to get going on any of the fun ones. Lot's of time spent caring for the Missus. She's been having some trouble dealing with the chemo but only two treatments left. Saw the oncologist the other day and everything seems to be progressing on schedule. So that's a good thing.

I've got a young guy lined up to help me out with prepping the back part of the shop so I can get some concrete poured back there. I'm going to try and get started on that next week. Be nice to finally have that finished. As always, steady by jerks!



No comments: