Thursday, July 7, 2016

VW Update

Photo From Here

I've been looking at a few VW sites of late to get a little inspiration and came across this thing - not sure what it is but I like it.

Not much going on with mine the last few days. I did order in my aluminum for the dashboard. I also ordered a patch panel for the bad spot between the door and the fender on the driver's side. With the panel I can eliminate the rust and get everything lined up properly for the fender even though I still don't know what I'm going to do about getting fenders. I ordered the patch panel from an outfit in Rhode Island. The prices were good and for the patch panel and a couple of other things, shipping was only $8.00. Cheap enough. However, when I threw a fender in the shopping cart the shipping went up to $90.00 and that was for just one. There has to be someone within driving distance that has the fenders I want. I'll keep looking. In the meantime, start on the dash, patch a panel and keep working on the brakes.

3 comments:

Surly said...

That picture is photoshopped. Cool but not completely real.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I did notice the picture wasn't quite right but since I'm a sucker for old or oddball trucks, it struck a chord with me.

Dean said...

Cool looking car, thanks for the share.