Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Almost There


Another photo of the sidecar frame - mostly just because I really like how it looks.

I found a piece of stock to make the hub cap. I'm already getting started on that. I spent a little bit of time cleaning up the wheel. As soon as I take the frame down I'll get the lights wired up and I'll have it all set to go real soon.



While I was cleaning and polishing, I deburred and polished up my latest CNC projects. The big piece is just a threading exercise made on the multi-axis machine instead of a lathe. The smaller part is a weight that sits on top of an LP while it's spinning on a turntable. I didn't realize it but vinyl is apparently still a thing with a lot of music connoisseurs. I've got a turntable I bought a few years back to convert my records to digital, so now I've got solution to a problem I didn't even know I had. I'm still contemplating signing up for another machining class this fall. Doesn't look like I'll be teaching but I like hanging out in the lab and doing the machine tool stuff.

3 comments:

Surly said...

Record store day is this Saturday! Support your local record store. Yes, there is one. Galactic Greg's in Valpo. There are many special limited releases only for that day.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I go by there on a fairly regular basis. I didn't realize they sold records there. I'll have to check it out.

Greg Prosmushkin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.