Thursday, April 5, 2018

Lovely Weather We're Having

Went to Indy yesterday to take care of some biz, so as long as I was in the area I stopped at the Royal Enfield dealer. He says the response to the new Himalayan has been pretty much over whelming. He's taken several orders already and he's hoping to get a demo in for the shop. They should start shipping soon but he's not sure exactly when he'll be getting his orders filled. Also the bike is going to be available with racks and aluminum panniers but he doesn't have any details on those yet. Excluding sales tax, should be right at $5K with delivery and set-up fees. $500.00 down payment will put you on the list, by the way.

The cables came in for the Sprint so I can piddle with the that project a bit as time and desire allows. I dug the old struts out for the 900 but at a quick glance they appear to be a bit short. Even if they're the right length, I don't like the look of them. They're not anything I made - I got them from someone else's bike I had worked on if I remember correctly. As soon as the motorbike is done I'll drag the bike out, unhook the sidecar so I can get that finished up and I'll check out the length of the struts I'll need, make a pair up and measure up for some wheelie bars. Been a while since I did any drag racing but I've got the itch to give it a shot again.

Still cold around here. It was snowing a bit in Indy in the morning and it was spitting snow just about all the way home. I've got a bunch of stuff cookin' right now anyway but I want to get out to the shop and put a couple of hours in on the projects every day. Not really worth running the heater if I'm only going to be out there a short time but it's usually mid-fifties this time of the year, not mid-thirties. I'm going to be busy all day today but maybe tomorrow I can get out into the shop and finish up the motorbike.

No comments: