Sunday, November 3, 2019

Time Has Come Today



Woke up this morning after falling back asleep for a bit - clock said 7:07 so I got up only to remember the time change, so it was only 6:07. But this realization came after taking the antibiotic for the Lyme Disease - the one that says not to lie down for ten minutes after taking it on an empty stomach preventing me from just turning around and hot-footing it back to bed. As long as I was up I changed all the clocks, and of course, I grumbled about it the whole time like I always do. However, I now understand why we change the clocks back. The Missus told me last evening the Indiana Liquor Commission told the tavern owners they didn't have to quit serving at the first 2:00 o'clock. They could turn the clocks back and continue to serve until the second 2:00 o'clock. So apparently the whole idea of turning the clocks back in the fall is to allow one extra hour of serving time for the tavern owners once a year. Now it all makes sense. And it almost makes up for the time wasted changing every clock in the house and upsetting everyone's internal clocks. If they're bound and determined to change the time, how about making all of us in Indiana be on the same time? That would make a whole lot more sense to me.


No comments: