Friday, November 29, 2019

5K and Pie



I did a Thanksgiving Day 5K. I wouldn't call it a race, more like a leisurely stroll. I Walked with my running buddy's husband while she walked with her son. Not a bad day to be out. A little chilly but the 50 mph wind gusts that we had on Wednesday were gone at least.

When I went to check in they had no record of me registering for the event but they had me fill out another entry form and I was able to walk without having to pay. When I got home I checked my account and the check was never cashed. Also, the date on the check was a couple of days prior to the big fire there so I think my registration and check went up in flames. Since I didn't pay for the event I need to get them a check and see about a tee shirt, not that I need another shirt. Especially since I'm doing another 5K tomorrow. I'm going to try and actually do a little something in that one. I was the first male walker last year. I probably should have done at least a little "speedwork" if I was going to try and defend my title but my biggest concern this fall was the ruck march. Weatherman's talking some rain. Might just be put on a raincoat and slog through it.


We had a nice dinner at Surly's house for the holiday. The Missus baked pies, three of them actually, another type of pumpkin that didn't make the photo shoot. The run and dinner pretty well shot the day, besides I was still stuffed when I got home so I just relaxed rather than working on anything. Working today and the 5K on Saturday, so not much else on the agenda until Sunday.

No comments: