Friday, April 17, 2020

Books


Looks like that's how it's going to work out, unfortunately. However, on the plus side of staying home I'm once again making time for reading.


I'm currently working my way through this one as my bed-time reading. I'm about half-way through it. I've got a Mickey Thompson biography up next. Still haven't read the signed Malcom Smith autobiography I got a couple of years back. Might do that one after Mickey. No shortage of books to read from my home library. Good thing, since the libraries I normally frequent are both closed up. I did get an e-mail from one of the library systems showcasing their new digital reads. I don't have a Kindle or anything, nor do I have any desire to read books electronically. I'll stick with print versions of books, magazines and newspapers as long as they're around. And when they quit publishing new books in print, I'll scour the second hand stores if I run out of things in my own collection.

The weather wasn't too bad yesterday - got a bit warmer than what they were forecasting. It made 50 in the afternoon, so I went out to the shop. I welded the mounting bracket on the chainguard and a couple small cracks on the rear fender for the Rapido. I also primed the taillight and foot peg brackets. Depending on the weather today, I'll try to get those painted black and prime the remaining pieces. If we get the snow they're talking about, I might just do the chores outside and do some more reading. Crazy weather.

No comments: