Thursday, April 30, 2020

Rhubarb Time



Skipped a couple of days of working in the shop, mostly due to the weather. Tuesday because it was really nice and yesterday because it was cold, damp and gloomy. It got up to 77 degrees Tuesday so I spent a few hours working on the yard and garden along with a few other chores including picking up some steel for the jitney project and to stretch the frame on the little midget racer I made years ago. As soon as I finish putting the Rapido back together I'll tackle that one so the grandson will fit in it.

Yesterday was a mostly indoor day due to the rain and gloom so I baked a couple of loaves of rhubarb bread since the rhubarb was ready for picking. Today's weather is calling for a similar day but dry up late afternoon but temps only in the low 50s. Might make a couple of more loaves this morning to stock the freezer with. Looks like it might be a wise idea to top off the pantry and the freezer with the way things are looking with the ag distribution system. With packing plants closing and vegetables rotting in the fields due to the virus, you know that's going to have an adverse effect on what will be available and the prices of what's on  the store shelves.

I picked up a small heavy bag yesterday to hang out in my shop. There's already a bracket for it out there, so it should be easy enough to get it rigged. I've been wanting to get back to something close to my regular boxing workout. I can do a few rounds, ride my bike and work in the garden and I should be golden. I ordered some perennials to dress up the yard a bit and I'll be planting a few veggies in the next week or so as the ground warms up. 

No comments: