Saturday, May 2, 2020

Getting It Together


The progress on the Rapido hasn't been all that rapido but it has been pretty steady. I painted the frame on Thursday even though I had to run the heater to get the temperature up into the acceptable painting range. While the shop was warming up I had the opportunity to once again deal with a raccoon that had gotten in the building. I had heard something about a week ago, so I set the trap with a can of tuna but there was no evidence of any 'coon activity. I was doing some serious hammering that day, so I figured it just abandoned the place or I was just hearing things. Thursday when I went out to the shop, however, I checked the trap and sure enough, raccoon.

Anyway the frame got painted and I started putting it back together yesterday. Things went pretty smoothly. I'm glad I refilled my metric bolt organizer not too long ago. Mostly all new hardware on the various bits and pieces.


I got the heavy bag hung up yesterday as well. There was already a hook to hang it from so it didn't take much to get it rigged up. The nice thing about working out in the shop yesterday was it once again was warm enough to work with the big doors open and I had everything I needed for both jobs without making a trip to the hardware store. Normally having to make a trip uptown is nothing more than a minor annoyance. Now it's a major decision of the cost/benefit trade-off of risking a trip.

I cut the grass out front yesterday and did a bit of prep work on a picture frame I want to make. Nice warm spring day. Need a few more like it to help everyone's disposition and to help kill the cooties. The governor released his new 5 step plan yesterday. He's starting to loosen the knots a bit but there were a couple places in the state that had a big jump in cases again. He's figuring it'll be business as usual by July 4th. Have to wait and see.

In the meantime, stay safe my friends. Wash your hands and don't take any unnecessary risks.

No comments: