Thursday, May 21, 2020

They're Not All That Easy





I got a call the other evening from a buddy of mine. Seems his nephew is planning on a track day with his motorcycle this weekend and the rear sub-frame needed to be repaired. My buddy has a new welding machine and he tried fixing it but no luck. He's a pretty talented dude but he's an electrician not a welder so he referred the nephew my way. I had the nephew drop the piece off in the garage and he picked it back up from there without me even seeing him. Plenty of social distancing. I don't know how safe I really need to be with this stuff but since I didn't know anything about this guy, probably the best way to handle it. If it wasn't for the fact I know his uncle well, I probably wouldn't have taken the job at all.

I did go over to the former side gig yesterday morning, complete with mask and hand sanitizer. I got the boss fixed up and came home right away. Pretty tight quarters there. No way I could stay six feet away from people all day if I went back. I am considering going back in the evenings to resume the welding lessons. I'm going to give it another week and make a decision.


However, this is what a Covid-19 chest x-ray looks like. For a good explanation of what your looking at, go here, which is where the photo came from. I damn sure don't want to catch this crap. If the Missus gets it, she'll be done for. So we definitely need to be careful still.


Picked up this little Honda yesterday. Might be a good one for one of the grandsons. The price was right, clean title. Getting some use out of the bike carrier. So that's a good thing.

1 comment:

Surly said...

They sell hardtails for that Rebel. Chop that fucker. Do it.