Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Monday Recap

Yesterday was one of those days when you don't feel like you got anything accomplished but you were busy all day just the same. The dog had an eight o'clock appointment with the groomer, so I was on the road about 7:30. When I came home I finished hanging the new picture frame after rearranging a couple of things on the walls of the woodshop. Made myself some waffles, did some laundry, emptied the dishwasher, read the newspaper, picked up the dog, did a couple of more household chores, looked through some of my old negatives to find a couple of things I want to make enlargements of, cooked up some supper, measured a piece I want to make for one of the Sprints, and wasted a bit of time on the computer. The only thing I've got to show for the day is a picture hanging on the wall and a sketch of a part that's only about 2"x4".

 

The picture looks good hanging in the "gallery" though. All the brown tones seem to work well together. Next time in the darkroom I want to print up a couple things to hand color as well as a couple of "pure" black and whites. I've got a couple hanging now that are black and white with very little gray tones that are framed and matted in black. The frames are dollar store items but they look nice. Rather than making something I'll see about buying a couple more for the black and white prints. I'm not sure what I'll do with the ones I hand color. Time will tell.


I found this on Pinterest during my computer time, so I guess my time wasn't completely a waste. 23-1/2" seems to be the magic number for Chrysler automatic transmissions for crossmember location. That'll help me get a better idea of where things should be on the jitney project.


I'm building off a plan that's real close to what's shown here. This one is obviously powered by a four cylinder, rather than a six but I should be able to move the engine forward a bit and fit the tranny in without taking all the foot space in the cab. I'll get my tape measure and soapstone and do a bit of cipherin'.

I've got a couple little things to fix today and I need to bolt the motorcycle carrier back onto the truck. Looks like I'm going to be the new owner of a Honda Rebel. It's a curse.

No comments: