Saturday, May 16, 2020

More Rainy Day Time Wasting




Saw both of these on Facebook. I've always had a hankerin' to have a nice looking bobber. Something along the lines of the above would do just nice. I suppose I could've built the Sportster into one. Maybe I'll get around to it some day. I will get a farm truck one of these days. It's not like I need one but a lot of things are more about want than need. Or as my old pal Joey used to say - pride of ownership. After I croak Surly can use it to haul all my junk away. Probably take more than one trip but that old Ford would be ideal for me.


I made the picture frame from a piece of lumber that came with the barn when I bought the property. It looked pretty rough when I drug it out of the corner - don't know how long it had been there - at least 25 years. Its fairly heavy, I thought it might have been oak originally but once I got it out in the daylight and cleaned up a bit, I'm thinking it's yellow pine. I put a coat of all-in-one stain and varnish on it and it looks pretty nice. It has some nail and worm holes which will fit right in with the rest of the stuff hanging on the walls in the wood shop. I'm planning on making some prints one of these evenings soon - see if I come up with something suitable for hanging in my "gallery". I dug out my photo oils the other day. Maybe print up something worthy of hand coloring.

No comments: