Friday, May 22, 2020

All Over The Map



Like Always. Not necessarily a bad thing, however. I'm staying busy and getting things done. While I've still got a million half-finished projects, there's nothing that absolutely has to get finished now. I like the freedom of just working on whatever strikes my fancy every day. Like the brake pads in the photo.


They go on my commuter/city bike. Of course there's been no commuting of late, and when I was commuting this past year on a two wheeler, it was on the Himalayan. However, when I was going with the boxers on their run I would ride this rig. The brake pads are hard as a carp, so they don't stop me well and they squeak really loud when you clamp down on them. Hopefully, the new pads do the trick.

When I went back through some old posts looking for the picture of the bike, I came across this quote:

"Go without a coat when it's cold; find out what cold is. Go hungry; keep your existence lean. Wear away the fat, get down to the lean tissue and see what it's all about. The only time you define your character is when you go without. In times of hardship, you find out what you're made of and what you're capable of. If you're never tested, you'll never define your character."
- Henry Rollins

Something to think about during this pandemic. Also something to keep in mind in the future, seeing as how the government's response to the pandemic is to bankrupt the country. When they decided to flatten the curve, I didn't figure they'd use one of these:


Save your money, get debt free, stock up on supplies and don't put your full faith and trust in the US government. They've already run out of our money. Now they're just printing it up out of thin air.


Stay safe, improve your skills, assume responsibility for yourself and your family. And in your spare time, make something.

No comments: