Friday, May 8, 2020

Photo Heist



Surly hooked me up on stealing photos from Instagram, so I brought this one in. Beautiful job here. Welder and plasma cutter both on the same cart, tool box below. The Rod Guards on the side are a nice touch as well. I measured up my welder and the hole where I want it to go and the tool cart from Harbor Freight I was looking at would be perfect. I checked out the new catalog and it comes in green, which would match the color of my welder. However, when I typed in the item number from the catalog a set of drill bits came up. When I looked it up doing a search on the website, all I could find was a red one. I want to get a couple of other items so I'll get my list together and give them a call. I'd like to get everything ready to go so when I pull the old machine out, I can just roll the new one in and go to work right away.

Nice day again yesterday, so more yard work. I also had to take the dog to the vet. I took the Missus along - that's two days in a row she's been out. We went through McDonalds drive thru Thursday. That's the first time she's been out of the house in about forty days. I don't need much in the way of human companionship but I do like being outside. I'm not alone judging by the number of people I've seen out riding bikes, jogging, etc. That'll change today I imagine, what with the chance of snow flurries this afternoon along with the low temps forecast for tonight.

Stay safe - it ain't over yet!

3 comments:

Surly said...

I've noticed a huge increase in traffic this week. I know we don't get to pick and choose but I'd be happier being the only vehicle on the road. Too many houses being built. Turn those farm fields that were just soybeans and corn and instead of subdivisions turn them into proper farms that have pigs, chickens, cows, bison and fresh veggies to feed the locals. Fuck soybeans, corn, and subdivisions.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

The economic results of the shutdown are going to be interesting. With money being tight, might not be many new houses being built. On the other hand there might be lots of people wishing to flee the big cities and head to the country. Big Ag is proving to be a piss poor model of sustainability but small subsistence farming is a lot of work and not profitable enough to support the lifestyles many people aspire to. Plus, it would require time and education to gain the skills and put the infrastructure in place. The equipment and knowledge are available but how many people with a SNAP card even plant a small garden to supplement their food supplies? There was a farm up your way that was running a CSA - you buy in and get a supply of veggies all season, by the way.

We've definitely been using the wrong yardstick to measure progress.

Surly said...

If someone ain't making money off it, how can there be any value?