Saturday, April 25, 2020

Rapido Clean-Up Continues



Two separate projects going on here. The swingarm for the Rapido. Obviously in need of some paint. Some of it is just dirt that washed off but as you can see in the photo the right leg is pretty much void of paint. In between the legs are the flanges for the Slant-Six headers that came in the other day. I haven't tried them on the cylinder head yet but I'll get around to that in the next few days.


The swingarm looks a lot better after being bead blasted. I got it primed and painted yesterday. Since I reworked the blast cabinet, doesn't take long to clean up parts like this. I should have modified the cabinet right after I got it - would have avoided a lot of frustration.


Cleaned up the hub while waiting for the primer to dry on the swingarm. Washed most of the grime off, then rubbed it with some steel wool with AutoSol polish, then finished it up with just the polish.


Since there's no front down tube, there's a head steady to keep the engine where it belongs. That could use a coat of paint. If I take that off not much else holding the engine in the frame at that point so I might just yank it out of there. Or I might just pull the air filter housing off and throw a blanket over the motor and spray what I can get at and call it good. Have to see how it all unravels when I get out there. I'll give it my customary two hours of shop time and see what I get done. I need to get some garden work done if it stops raining so I can plant some peppers and tomatoes. I also need to sharpen the mower blades and get those swapped out. It's that time of year again.


No comments: