Thursday, June 15, 2023

Keeping Busy


I think I've got everything ordered that I'm going to need to put the Sportster cam chest back together. Since I'm going to swap out the one bearing, I made a bearing driver from a chunk of aluminum I had laying around. 


And since I'm waiting on parts, I started mounting the seat. The front mounting bracket came out looking good but I need to slot the holes a bit that fasten it to the seat. The seat has a threaded insert in the back of it to bolt through the fender but I can't get my fingers up in there to bolt the back down. For right now, I'm just going to leave the back loose until I get the motor fired up and running. There's two holes in the fender behind the seat. One of them has a bolt with a domed nut on it, the other is just a hole. I need to get a pair of matching bolts and nuts or make some sort of decorative plate and bolt it on. The easiest way to access the inner fender will be to remove the rear tire. If I do that, probably a good time to get a new tire mounted up.

I should have most of the parts by the beginning of next week. I might even have it running by the end of the week, depending on what I find out at the doctor this morning. I screwed up my shoulder a while back. I figured it would have healed by now but that's not the case. I have a limited range of motion and it hurts like hell if I try to move it the wrong way. Definitely need to get it fixed.

No comments: