Monday, June 12, 2023

Cork Seals

 


The weather was cool and overcast with a little bit of rain falling once in a while yesterday. Good day to get caught up on some reading and do a bit in the shop, so I installed the new seals on the pushrod tubes. Underneath the engine is a puppy training pad to keep the tools off the floor and to catch any oil that drips. Since it's a Harley, that'll be SOP.

I finished the Young Forever book. Interesting book, especially if you're interested in all the nutrients that make us tick. I was surprised that the book didn't give much in the way of actual recipes, mostly just info on what your body requires, how best to determine that and supplements that will help you achieve your optimal health for longevity. My own take-away is I need to eat more protein. He mentions that you need more protein as you age, which is counter to what I have always thought. A couple of the things in the book are at odds with what I have read in Dr. Fuhrman's books, but it did shed some light on the topic of functional medicine. Some further research is in order on that topic.

Got a few things on the calendar this week, but I want to get the cams installed and the side cover buttoned up on The Sportster. The tires have some sidewall cracking, so I need to get a pair or cover up the cracks with some shoe polish like Burt Munro in The World's Fastest Indian. I'll get it sorted and then shop for some tires. The tires are Goodyears - might be original to the bike. I'm sure they'll grip the corners well.

2 comments:

MARSHALL OVERCLOTH said...

I love it. it idles like- bump bedee bump bump bump bump bedee bump bump POP bump bump bump bump bump.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Po-ta-to, po-ta-to, po-ta-to