Tuesday, June 27, 2023

DOS

Which is a lot better than DOA. DOS in this case standing for Delayed Onset Soreness.

My shoulder was a bit sore Sunday as a result of my competing in the 5K on Saturday. However, it woke me up early Monday morning. I tossed and turned for about an hour before finally getting up and taking a Tylenol. I fell back asleep for a bit but it was sore when I showed up for therapy. It was better after that but now I'm even more unsure what I want to do about this coming Saturday - walk the 5K or do the ruck march. I'm going to put on the pack today and hike down the lane once or twice and see how it goes.


The new petcock came in the mail yesterday. That should be just about everything I need now for the Sportster except a battery and a few bolts. I've been hoping the previous owner would come up with the one that came out of the bike before I buy a new one. Hope's fading away, however. I'm going to pull the battery out of my welder and get it charged up and I can use it to jump the bike when it's time. I was going to do that yesterday but it started raining about that time. Getting some much-needed rain is more important than charging the battery, especially since I haven't got the bottom end finished.

Steady by jerks as my old pal Joey used to say.


1 comment:

Surly said...

I think I have a spare fuel inlet for the carb made from brass. It's for a CV but might be the same as yours. Those plastic ones tend to break.