Thursday, June 8, 2023

Parts

 


Some of the Sportster parts showed up yesterday - more on the way.


One of which is a new air filter element. There were a few mouse turds in the housing, so I don't know if the mice chewed all the foam up, if it just disintegrated due to time and solvents, or a combination of things. Regardless, a new one is on the way.


I cleaned up the inside of the air filter housing and then commenced to polishing a couple of the chrome pieces. They cleaned up nicely. I'm thinking of replacing the points and condenser with an electronic unit. Hopefully, the previous owner will find the battery. He said it was new a year ago. I'd hate to buy one and then he finds the other one.

1 comment:

Surly said...

Keep an eye on that petcock. Those new Chinesium ones tend to leak. If it does, bite the bullet and get a Pingel or a Golan. I went through that on my FXR. I bought a Golan. It was $100 but works perfectly and no leaks.