Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Living Large in a Small Sorta Way


That's not me. I've been blessed to retain my natural curiosity and enough drive to pursue things I'm interested in. I've never been the greatest at anything but I've had a lot of fun, done a lot of things, and probably most importantly, met a lot of great people along the way. And, hopefully, I've got a long way to go yet - at least that's the premise of the new book.


Sportster parts should start arriving today. I need a little hardware to put it back together, though. Most of the bolts on these things are fine threads and I don't keep many of them in house. I need to move some things around in the shop to have room to work on it and the jitney. I did make the spacers for the gas tank yesterday while the grandson was welding.


The boy's welds are progressing right smartly. Vee groove with E-7018 electrode. 

Yard work is progressing. Had part of a big tree come down in the back yard. I started cutting it up but still have a big chunk to finish. If I can get it cut up and split before too much longer, it'll be ready to burn this upcoming heating season.

Nice weather the last couple of days - rode the Himalayan over to the barber shop Monday. Good to be out, whether it's on the scoot, the push bike or walking. Lots of benefits to fresh air and vitamin D.

2 comments:

Surly said...

The guy in the picture is Micah McQueen.
I have a bunch of spare HD hardware I picked up here and there. It's in a bag, I can send it down with soldador Flaco or you can come grab it.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

My opening line, "that's not me", was referring to the words on the photo, not the man. You obviously knew that, but I had no idea who Micah McQueen is.

I'm thinking of installing an electronic ignition in the bike when I put it back together. I'm waiting on a couple of things now, anyway. I need to make a bracket to mount the seat but other than that mostly clean up and reassemble.