Monday, April 8, 2024

Blossom Time

 



Magnolia


Weeping Cherry

It's blossom time around here as well. However, the weather's been a bit on the erratic side. We had some nice weather but last week was cold and rainy - frost on the ground a couple of mornings and even some mushy rain/almost snow. Had all the rain been snow, yours truly would still be stuck in the house. No way I can shovel, might be able to run the tractor down the lane, though. It's supposed to be back up into the sixties in the upcoming week - I'm ready.

I got my watch sent off to Seiko last week and received an email a couple of days later stating they had received the watch and quoted the repair cost. Actually, I was able to get the quote from their web site prior to sending it in, so no surprise. 

Made the handle extensions for the little carts for the CSA. Nothing to the job itself, just needed to go easy on the chest. Felt good to do something productive out in the shop. You can only go so easy and still get things done. 

Surly brought the grandson down Saturday and cut the grass for me. It took him a little while to get the hang of the zero-turn mower, but he's willing to keep mowing for as long as I need him. I'm real lucky I've got such a good support team.

Hoping the weather's decent this afternoon for eclipse viewing. There seems to be a lot of hype for this event. Since I'm a welder, I've got plenty of dark lenses to safely view it. The emergency rooms should be busy with "flash" burns later this evening, though. 

No comments: