Wednesday, April 17, 2024

A little Bit of Productivity

 Still having trouble with the chest but I'm feeling lucky just the same. Therefore, I entered a raffle for a '67 Corvette - 327/350 with a 4 speed. I've never owned a 'Vette but I did have an Impala SS with a 327 and a 4 speed. Lots of fun. You too can take a chance but the raffle ends today.


Did a little machining job yesterday for the high school high mileage team. Nothing much to it - just drill and tap a couple of 1/2-20 holes in the end of the spindles. The team came in second at the Shell contest in Indy recently, which qualified them to move on to the next round in Lafayette in about a month. I didn't get a chance to go with them to Indy, but I'm hoping to go to Lafayette to spectate for a day.

Speaking of machining, I'm making a bit of progress on splining the shift lever. According to the manual, one revolution of the dial spins the table 4 degrees, each individual mark on the dial is one minute, and the vernier markings are 10 seconds. However, it seems that each mark on the dial is actually 2 minutes and the vernier markings represent 20 seconds. I'm still working on the first piece to double check the spacing and the diameter of the bore before scrapping a second one. It should go pretty quickly now that I've got everything figured out - it says here in the fine print.

2 comments:

Surly said...

There's a bent one on eBay for thirty eight dollars.
I know...I know.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Working on my apprenticeship