Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Pocket Knife


I carry a pocket knife all the time, I've fixed a lot of things and worked hard for a living. I wouldn't describe myself as one who would stand fearless in the face of a world full of evil, however. I'm more of the type who just wants to be left alone. 

When I went to the fights the other night, I didn't even think about having to go through a metal detector. I lost a knife at the White Sox game a few years back because of the metal detector. It was too far to go back to the car and the knife, while it was a nice one, was a promotional item I got from sending in 50 cents and a couple of wrappers from Peppermint Patties. Even though I gave it up, I still had two more in the lock box, so not a big loss. 

The one I'm carrying now is a promotional item as well. It's from Copenhagen tobacco with micarta scales, brass bolsters and a small inlaid plate inscribed with Copenhagen. I don't remember what the cost was but I had to send in a few lids from cans of Copenhagen, which wasn't a problem. I just put out the call to the boys in the welding classes and I had plenty in short order. 

When I saw the metal detector the other night, I thought for sure I was going to lose another one, but I tossed it in the tub and dumped my pocket changes and keys in on top of it right away. I don't know if security saw it or not but I made it in without losing it. It's a nice knife and plenty handy - two blades and made by Schrade in the USA. It would have been a shame to lose it. I just need to remember these are different times than when I used to go to events when I was younger.

---------------------------------------------------------------- 

I've got a visit with the cardiologist today for a checkup. According to his bio he's an interventional cardiologist so I'm thinking if he opens people up for heart surgeries, he might be able to shed a little light on my chest problem or at least point in the direction of someone who can. Here's hoping.

 

No comments: