Thursday, April 25, 2024

Southbound

 


Not a bad idea, what with the chilly weather we're having. It was a decent day yesterday except it was 25 or 30 degrees below what the average normally is for this time of year. 

I went to the cardiologist yesterday for my check-up. That part came out OK but he didn't offer much help with the chest trouble. In fact, when I brought the subject up he thought perhaps it might be best to have another stress test. I've had a couple of them in the past but this one will be the chemical type. Because of the time that has elapsed since I had the heart attack and the stents installed, he said it may be time to go back in again. I doubt that but every time I mention that I've got pains in my chest everyone in the medical field assumes I'm having heart issues. None of them seem to listen to the part about tearing muscles. Anyway, this will be one more test that hopefully confirms there isn't anything else wrong with me.


What with the cold weather and all the doctor's visits, I was fortunate to hear about the Ham license class when I did - plenty of time to read the manual. I'm about halfway through it, much of which I really don't understand. Going to the prep classes I'm sure will help but I'm definitely going to have to study. Fortunately, after all the classes I've taken over the years, I'm pretty good at taking tests. I'll just have to put in the effort.


No comments: