Thursday, September 17, 2009

Midget Progress










































Maybe I should reword that. Midget progress is what I usually have going on. Progress on the midget is what this is all about.

I'm putting the finishing touches on the grandson's midget, finally. I got a couple of jobs that came into the shop to repair but I decided if I don't take some time to work on the midget, it never will get done. I put the other jobs on the back burner and started thrashing on my job for a change. It's almost back together after taking it down to paint the frame. I worked on it Tuesday during open shop and last night as well. I'm coming down the home stretch and it's looking just like I want. I was going to paint the body but after getting most of the sheet metal back on and rubbin' it down a little, I'm leaning towards a little splash of blue on the nose and leave the rest of it in the raw. Everything should be ready to run except for a little clevis to fasten the throttle cable to the carb linkage and a kill switch. Hopefully, it will be done this weekend or next week at the latest.

No comments: