Monday, September 14, 2009

Weekend Fun










































Jimmy, myself and one of our young guns from the gym ran a 5K Saturday morning. I was going to do the race walk but another one of our fighters had signed up and ended up working out of town, so I took his place. It was the first time I had entered this race and I expected a few more people - it was a very small group of runners. As it ended up, Jimmy and I ran together and finished 1 & 2 in the 30 - 39 age group. I didn't factor in the possibility of winning something when I decided to just run in the other guy's place. I would have placed first in my age division had I had a legitimate entry. Like I said, it was a very small race.

Jimmy bought an old Dodge van to haul his band stuff around in and for the gym to use to transport our boxers to shows. It runs pretty good, doesn't use any oil and has new tires all the way around. It does have some major rust issues, however. It looks like the Dodge will move ahead of the Volkswagen in the project line. With this one I can drive it back and forth to work while I'm working on it or throw a bicycle in the back in case I need to stop in the middle of something. Don't need to be driving around with a patch panel held in place with a half a dozen Vise Grips. We finished the trailer the other day, so there's an open spot big enough to drive the 12 passenger in and work on it. Always plenty of projects available.

Later on that evening we took the grandson to see the balloon glow. This is an annual event that has a bunch of hot air balloons that they fire up after the sun goes down. It's a fundraiser for the Kiwani's and it was a great night to be out. I bought the grandson a hot dog and an ice cream and we had a swell time.

It was a great weekend and it looks to be heading towards a great Fall. Get outside and enjoy the weather, people.

1 comment:

leroy99 said...

Looks like you had a good weekend! Have been really busy plan on being at the gym on Thurs. so see ya then.